PPS participates in three annual external competitions alongside other clubs.
PPS also conducts internal competitions for its own members.
Annual Four-Way Photographic Competition (Four-Way Battle)
Hand-in for PPS entries by 07 October 2020
Competition Monday 30 November 2020
The Four-way Battle is an annual competition between
- Dundee Photographic Society – hosts for 2020-21 Season
- Glenrothes Camera Club
- Perthshire Photographic Society
- St Andrews Photographic Society
Entries from PPS members should be handed in a week ahead of the date for Club entries, to allow time for selection of the club entry by a small representative sub-committee.
* Normally *, members are invited to enter as follows:
- 20 images per club are required for the competition:
6 mono prints, 6 colour prints and 8 projected digital images.
- Each individual club member may submit no more than:
2 Mono Prints, 2 Colour Prints and 2 Digital images.
- No image, print or PDI, should be more than two years old.
* Entries for 2020-21 will be defined here very soon. *
Entry guidelines, where different from PPS guidellines, are:
- Prints are to be marked with title only on the back.
All other identifiable references must be hidden or removed.
- Projected digital images should follow the file naming scheme:
Dundee : DPS_P_Title.jpeg
St Andrews: SPS_P_Title.jpeg
SPF Digital Championship 2020
Hand-in for PPS entries 02 December 2020
Competition date to be confirmed
For full details see the SPF Website – Digital Championship
SPF Print Championship 2021
Hand-in for PPS entries to be confirmed
Competition 21 February 2021 (to be confirmed)
* Normally *, the SPF Print Championship is a club and individual competition, open to monochrome and colour prints, held in February each year. It is judged by three judges, in front of an audience.
Entries from PPS members should include mounted prints and documentation (a brief SPF Form, provided by PPS for entrants to complete, to identify each entry).
* This year’s arrangements may be different, and remain to be confirmed. *
For full details see the SPF Website – Print Championship
SPF Print and Projected Image Portfolios
Hand-in for PPS entries will be at the end of the PPS season
The SPF Portfolio is a club and individual competition, open to monochrome and colour prints (each accompanied by a digital version), and to digital images. It is held in July each year. It is judged ‘in camera’ by three judges.
Entries from PPS members should include images and documentation (a brief SPF Form, provided by PPS for entrants to complete, to identify each entry).
In the November following the judging, the results are sent on a CD to competing clubs. PPS usually devotes one meeting of the season to viewing the entries, with commentary from an experienced member.
For full details see the SPF Website – Portfolio